If you boot Sawyer and you are in Intera Manufacturing 3.3.7, update the software by following the instructions below to update on robot software to Intera 5.1.0.
What You'll Need
- USB Keyboard
- Intera Updater zip file containing the update .pkg and .sig files, unzipped
- FAT 32 Formatted USB with Intera Updater .pkg and .sig saved at the Top Level
- Sawyer Robot Running SDK 3.3.7. If you are upgrading an Intera 5.0.4 Sawyer, please see follow the Software_Update tutorial instead.
Follow the below steps to upgrade the robot to the Intera 5.1.0.
First, verify on the About screen that Sawyer is currently running Intera 3.3.7
Important Note: If the robot is running Intera 3.3.6 or earlier, please contact Rethink Support. Your robot cannot be upgraded to the SDK unless it is running version 3.3.7.
- Please register on the Rethink Forum site and Download the 5.1.0 software release.
- Follow the steps on the READ ME First document in the downloaded software folder to properly format and upload the software to your USB.
- On the robot, navigate to Main Screen > Settings > Advanced > Update Software.
- Insert the USB device that includes the software upgrade, and wait for the robot to recognize the device.
- Select the version of software you want to install - In this case Intera 5.1.0
- Select Yes Continue in the confirmation dialog. A status screen appears as the software loads.
- When the software finishes installing, the robot will automatically reboot into Intera 5 Manufacturing.
Switch Robot from Intera MFG to SDK Mode
- Connect a USB keyboard into the robot controller.
- Shut down the robot by pressing the power button on the controller. After the robot has completely powered down (fan stopped, screen back light is off), wait for 5 seconds and press the power button again to reboot the robot.
- On the keyboard, start pressing CTRL+F continuously until the FSM menu appears on the robot screen.
- Tip: Look for the screen below when rebooting. When the text Preparing to boot Intera… appears on the upper left of the screen, pressing CTRL+F' will bring you right into the FSM.
- When successful, the Main Menu of the FSM will appear, see the screen below for reference.
- Once in the FSM, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select "Intera-SDK". See the image below for reference.
- A prompt will appear asking the user to read the General Disclaimer. After reading through the disclaimer, tab to and select "Yes".
- Move to and select "Reboot".
- The robot will shut down and boot directly into the Intera-SDK.