|Line 88:||Line 88:|
== Functions ==
=== MFG Tests ===
=== MFG Tests ===
Revision as of 19:13, 26 January 2017
The Field Service Menu (FSM) is a pre-boot configuration menu that allows the user to do advanced tasks such as check network interface configuration, change the robot computer's hostname, and run low-level hardware checks.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Quickstart - FSM Activation / Deactivation
- 3 Menu Functions
- 4 Diagnostic Functions
The primary purpose of the Field Service Menu (FSM) is to give the user access to low-level, computer configuration options on the robot, especially:
- Edit Hostname
- Edit Network Configuration
- Set Static IP/DNS
- Set NTP Servers
- Set ROS naming convention
- Edit Timezone
- Change Run Mode (Intera v. SDK Mode)
The FSM also provides the ability to run low-level hardware tests to do light-weight verification of hardware components that sit below the robot application software level.
Quickstart - FSM Activation / Deactivation
Accessing the FSM
The FSM can only be accessed by hitting a specific key combination during robot boot-up:
- Turn off Sawyer with the Power button. Wait for complete shutdown (no lights, no noise).
- Plug in a USB keyboard to one of Sawyer's USB ports (on the Controller).
- You will need to hit
<Ctrl+F>on the keyboard during the boot-up to trigger the FSM:
- Turn Sawyer back on by hitting the Power button.
- Once you see the Rethink Animation ...
- ... on your keyboard, start repeatedly hitting the key combination
- (Hit and hold the
Ctrlkey, press down on the
Fkey, release, press down on the
Fkey again, release both and repeat).
- (Hit and hold the
- Repeat this key combination until you see the FSM screen come up:
- If you hit a screen that says "Loading...", you missed your chance.
Use the Up/Down arrow keys to change menu selections, and the Enter key to go into a menu or select an option.
Exiting: Disabling the FSM
Important: Once the FSM is activated, you must choose what the next boot sequence will be from the front page of the FSM.
To disable the FSM from reappearing next boot:
- From the front FSM screen, choose Next Boot in: "Intera-SDK" to boot back into the SDK mode.
Important: In version 188.8.131.52 of the Sawyer SDK, the boot into Intera choice will be password protected. You can only boot into the SDK or the FSM.
- Now, if you press the Reboot button the system will boot into the selected mode.
After the FSM has been activated, the top level of the Field Service Menu provides access to seven sub-menus and shutdown/reboot options.
This menu provides access to Sawyer's hostname, timezone, and network configuration information. Information here is useful for setting up Sawyer on your Network.
- Hostname - Rename your Sawyer (i.e. change robot computer's hostname)
- Changing the Hostname will also change Sawyer's network identity name.
- Upon reboot, Sawyer will then be accessible via the new name followed by 'Hostname.local', rather than by the serial number (default hostname).
- IP Type - Change the network addressing method from Dynamic IP to Static IP
- ROS Naming Type - Change how the master publishes node locations
- Options are:
- See the Networking page for more information on network configurations.
Tip: Make sure to Save Changes after editing any Configuration options, and then Shutdown or Reboot Sawyer from the FSM main menu to apply the changes.
Date, Time, Timezone, NTP Servers
- Timezone - Set the robot's clock to your local timezone.
- This will primarily affect the time listed in the log files.
- NTP Servers - Set your pool of NTP servers.
The Tests menu provides a number of low-level hardware tests that can be run to verify the embedded hardware throughout Sawyer.
- To run a test, select the test from the menu and follow the on-screen instructions.
Export Logs to USB
- Exports the current logs to a FAT32-formatted USB connected to the outside USB plug to the Controller.
Export Registration Data to USB
- Exports the robot registration data to a FAT32 USB connected to the Controller.
Run External Diagnostics
- Runs Rethink specific external diagnostic tools from a USB. A customer will be supplied this tests from Rethink if it becomes necessary.
- Shuts down Sawyer - next boot sequence will be specified through the Next boot in: choice.
- Reboots Sawyer - next boot sequence will be specified through the Next boot in: choice.
- The arm and controller serial numbers can be obtained through the front page of the FSM.