|Line 5:||Line 5:|
== Overview ==
== Overview ==
The procedure below describes the process required to update the software on a Sawyer SDK
The procedure below describes the process required to update the software on a Sawyer SDK that is currently running in SDK mode. '''Note:''' The instructions below are only related to the Sawyer robot.
Revision as of 15:30, 27 March 2017
The procedure below describes the process required to update the software on a Sawyer SDK Robot that is currently running in SDK mode. Note: The instructions below are only related to the Sawyer robot.
- USB Keyboard
- FAT 32 Formatted USB with Intera Updater Saved at the Top Level
- Sawyer Robot Running SDK 5.0.4. For Upgrading an Intera 3.3.7 Sawyer, please see Upgrade Sawyer to Intera SDK
1. Boot Into the Field Service Menu (FSM)
- Connect a USB keyboard into the robot controller.
- Shut down the robot by pressing the power button on the controller. After the robot has completely powered down (fan stopped, screen back light is off), wait for 5 seconds and press the power button again to reboot the robot.
- On the keyboard, start pressing CTRL+F continuously until the FSM menu appears on the robot screen.
- Tip: Look for the screen below when rebooting. When the text Preparing to boot Intera… appears on the upper left of the screen, pressing CTRL+F' will bring you right into the FSM.
- When successful, the Main Menu of the FSM will appear, see the screen below for reference.
2. Reboot Into Intera
- Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, navigate down to highlight the check box for “Next boot in: Intera”.
- When this selection is highlighted press Enter to check this box.
- Note: If the currently installed version of software is 5.0.4 and the robot is being updated to 5.1, a prompt requesting a password will appear. The password is "reywas17990". After entering the password, tab to "Yes" and press enter.
- A prompt will appear asking the user to read the General Disclaimer. After reading through the disclaimer, tab to and select "Yes".
- The Main Menu will again appear on the screen. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, go to and select "Reboot".
- Press "Yes" to confirm the reboot.
3. Update the Robot Using the Intera UI
- When the robot finished booting, press the Navigator Wheel to automatically home the robot.
- Insert the USB drive with the updater into an empty USB port on the controller.
- Press the Rethink Button on the Navigator to show the circle menu. See the image below for reference.
- Using the Navigator Wheel, scroll to and select System by pressing the Navigator Wheel.
- On the next menu, scroll to and select "Upgrade Software".
- From the list that appears, scroll to and select the version to which the robot will be updated.
- A confirmation window will appear, select "Update" to confirm and start the software upgrade.
- The update process will start and the robot will automatically reboot during this time. Once the update is complete and the robot has rebooted, home the robot automatically to open Intera.