The procedure below describes the process required to update the software on a robot that is currently running in SDK mode. Note: The instructions below are only related to the Sawyer robot.
- USB Keyboard
- FAT 32 Formatted USB with Intera Updater Saved at the Top Level
- Sawyer Robot Running SDK
1. Boot Into the Field Service Menu (FSM)
- Connect a USB keyboard into the robot controller.
- Shut down the robot by pressing the power button on the controller. After the robot has completely powered down (fan stopped, screen back light is off), wait for 5 seconds and press the power button again to reboot the robot.
- On the keyboard, start pressing CTRL+F continuously until the FSM menu appears on the robot screen.
- Tip: Look for the screen below when rebooting. When the text Preparing to boot Intera… appears on the upper left of the screen, pressing CTRL+F' will bring you right into the FSM.
- When successful, the Main Menu of the FSM will appear, see the screen below for reference.
2. Reboot Into Intera
- Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, navigate down to highlight the check box for “Next boot in: Intera”.
- When this selection is highlighted press Enter to check this box.
- Note: If the currently installed version of software is 5.0.4 and the robot is being updated to 5.1, a prompt requesting a password will appear. The password is "reywas17990". After entering the password, tab to "Yes" and press enter.
- A prompt will appear asking the user to read the General Disclaimer. After reading through the disclaimer, tab to and select "Yes".
- The Main Menu will again appear on the screen. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, go to and select "Reboot".
- Press "Yes" to confirm the reboot.