Baxter Research Robot SDK 0.6.2 Release Notes
Release Date: 10/15/2013
The SDK 0.6.2 Update is a patch fix primarily for enabling the NTP time service on the robot. The software is otherwise identical to the SDK 0.6.1 version, aside from minor underlying changes to support robot hardware and software downgrades.
- Enabled NTP Server on robot for setting and synchronizing robot time. For more on configuring time and NTP, see the Time and NTP wiki page: https://github.com/RethinkRobotics/sdk-docs/wiki/Time-and-NTP
- Low-level support for robot hardware manufacturing process.
- Incorrect robot time will be fixed (and fixable) via the NTP service.
- Correct time will fix the TF errors regarding expired transforms.
- Low-level support for smoother EndEffector Firmware Updates. Reboots after updates are no longer required for new grippers.
- The ROS_HOSTNAME is always set to ".local", which needs to be resolvable by a client machine (via avahi, /etc/hosts or DNS server configuration)